Thursday, March 28, 2013

Grilled Wild Boar Ribs

A couple of days ago I did a post on wild boar loin given to me by my friend, Jerry. Well, Jerry also gave me a rack of ribs. They were a lot bigger than I expected (pictures of both sides below). 

The loin was so good that I decided I had to cook the ribs in the same way. I made no attempt to soften up the meat, by boiling them before putting them on the grill. No barbecue sauce for these babies. I wanted the natural taste. So, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, some red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper were all that was put on them. I put them on indirect heat on my outdoor gas grill and they came out looking absolutely beautiful (again, a picture of both sides below). 

You can see from a cross section of the cut ribs that they were quite meaty and succulent. 
As with the loin, the taste was mild, juicy and had no gaminess. I'm a convert to wild boar meat after having such a bad experience cooking a wild boar roast several years ago. It really is a white meat. A key is not over-cooking it, probably as well as a good cut of meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment