Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blackened Lamb and Chicken

Awhile back, during a stop at the Williams-Sonoma outlet at Stateline, I bought a can of blackening rub.
I've never tried blackening meat before and decided to give it a try. I made a mixture of blackening rub, melted butter and olive oil, just guessing on proportions, and rubbed it on both lamb shoulder cuts,
one of my favorite meats, and a cut-up whole chicken, a meat I don't usually get too excited about. The blackened lamb was good, but lamb is naturally so strong and fatty that it doesn't really need added seasoning to be really good.
I probably will not blacken any more of it in the future. On the other hand, the blackened chicken was fantastic.
It added some spiciness
and the chicken was cooked just right - still very plump and juicy
with just a little bit of pink in the middle. It actually has me excited to do some more grilled chicken this summer. It was very easy to prepare and very, very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment